Although it’s unknown the exact year Invergordon Football Club was originated it’s believed it was around the very early 20th century (around 1910). The club has only ever had two homes. It’s original ground was the old Blackpark, (now part of Invergordon Distillery) and the current ground Recreational Park, Invergordon.
Invergordon was originally known as the “Maroons” with their first kit donated by Plymouth Argyll. Their colours have been changed on several occasions before settling on the current colours of Yellow and Royal Blue.
Invergordon currently compete in the North Caledonian Football League and play at Recreation Grounds, Invergordon.
- North Caledonian League Champions 1946/47, 1976/77, 1987/88, 2001/02
- League Cup winners 1987/88
- Football Times Cup Winners 1974/75, 1987/88, 1989/90, 1990/91
- Chic Allan Cup Winners 1988/89
- Morris Newton Cup Winners 1989/90, 1997/98
- Supplementary Cup Winners 1968/69
- Macnicol Trophy Winners 1974/75, 1976/77
- John Fraser Cup Winners 1976/77, 1987/88
- Ness Cup Winners 1972/73, 1976/77
Bryan Gunn, who found fame at Norwich City, began his career at Invergordon.